Healthy snack ideas to balance your day :
Snacking during the day when needed helps you :
‐ Reduce serving sizes at the next meal and to avoid that ‘starving feeling’.
- Have a better energy level throughout the day ( you won’t feel like you want to sleep on your feet in the middle of the street…)
- to avoid binge eating
‐ Reduce your weight (reduced serving sizes at meals and fewer binges will help you achieve that goal)
Here are a few ideas for healthy snacks : sweet, salty or both, the choice is yours.
Snack ideas. Feeling like something sweet :
2) Yogourt with less than 2% fat and 5 grams of proteins + a tbsp of oat cereals.
3) Smoothies : blend ripe fresh fruits (apples, strawberries, banana, whatever fruit you feel like), ice (or frozen fruits) + vanilla soy milk. (not more than a cup and a half of this mix)
4) A glass of milk with a teaspoon of honey or chocolate powder.
5) Little fruit bowl + 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt + a little pinch of cinnamon for extra flavor.
6) 2 squares of dark chocolate (up to 70-85 % cocoa) + a dozen roasted nuts.
Snack ideas. Feeling like something sweet and salty
8.) A slice of bread with at least 4-5 grams of proteins for the one slice + a tbsp of fruit jam without added sugar.
9) 30-50 grams of sliced cheese in between two slices of apple with a little bit of honey.
12) A dozen almonds + 2-3 dates.
Snack ideas. Feeling like something salty.
14) 1-2 tbsp of tofu spread + 1-2 ryvita crackers.
15) Raw veggies + one hard boiled egg with cumin,
16 ) A quarter of an avocado + a slice of smoked salmon
18) Pita chips + home made hummus with eggplant.
19) A quarter of a cup of cottage cheese + cucumber cut into little cubes + pepper + 1-2 crackers.
20) One slice of whoel grain bread (minimum 3 grams of proteins per slice) with a tbsp of natural almond butter.
22) A small handful of mixed nuts.